Michael is a partner of the firm and concentrates his practice in insolvency with an emphasis on bankruptcy and commercial litigation. He regularly represents trustees and fiduciaries, banks, creditors, debtors, and distressed asset purchasers.
Michael also practices in both corporate and real estate transactions. He has represented start-ups, small businesses, and new ventures in their formation, early stage funding, negotiation between partners and shareholders. Michael has extensive experience with matters involving business divorce, entity dissolution, and asset disposition.
As a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, Michael has been selected by the parties to mediate a range of commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters.
Michael P. Dunn has successfully completed the Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator Training.
- Bankruptcy & Related Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate & Transactional
- Real Estate
- New Ventures
- Shareholder Derivative & Business Divorce Litigation
- Miami Children’s Hospital Young Ambassador
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: Transactional Law and Skills Certification
- Honors: Moot Court Society, Semi-Finalist and Top Ten Brief at the Tulane Sports Law Invitational (2011)
- Trinity College Faculty of Law, Dublin
- J.D. - 12/2011
- Honors: Erasmus Participant
- Honors: Trinity College Entrepreneurial Program
- Washington University in St. Louis
- B.A. - 12/2007
- Honors: Lynne Cooper Harvey Scholar in American Culture Studies
- Major: Political Science
- Major: American Culture Studies
- Florida, 2012
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida, Treasurer
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida, Chair of Tech Committee
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Association
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, Member
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Member
- AEPi South Florida Alumni Group