Joshua (Josh) Kligler, Esq., focuses his practice on creditors' rights, commercial litigation and bankruptcy litigation.
Josh has experience in litigation related to contract disputes, fiduciary breaches, lender liability, computer fraud and abuse, landlord/tenant matters, residential and commercial foreclosures, and representation of creditors in bankruptcy court. He is also experienced in representing homeowners' and condominium associations in their collections and general real estate litigation matters. He practices extensively in state and federal courts throughout Florida.
In 2008, he was a judicial intern for the Honorable K. Rodney May in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Middle District of Florida.
Josh was born and raised in South Florida. He graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from University of Florida, where he was a member of the Golden Key International Honour Society. He received his Juris Doctor degree from Stetson University College of Law, where he was recognized with the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award.
- Creditor’s Rights
- Commercial Litigation
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Honorable K. Rodney May, U.S. Bankruptcy Court – Middle District of Florida, Judicial Intern
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Honors: William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award
- University of Florida
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Golden Key International Honour Society
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida
- Between a Rock and the Tenant, the Landlord Conundrum – Five Things to Consider in Connection with a Lease Modification Request – April 27, 2020
- Associations Must Be Proactive in Foreclosure Process – Daily Business Review, October 24, 2014
- Citibank, N.A. v. McCraw, 2013 WL 12147537 (Fla. 4th Cir. Ct. 2013) – Successfully represented lender in enforcing safe harbor provision in underlying foreclosure action against Homeowners’ Association who challenged amounts owed and jurisdiction of Court.
- Montreux at Deerwood Lake Condo. Assoc., Inc. v. Citibank, 153 So.3d 961 (Fla. 1st DCA 2014)
- In re D&E Real Estate, LLC, 18-22257-RAM, United States Bankruptcy Court, S.D. FL– Represented 3rd party purchaser of real property simultaneously in state and bankruptcy court and successfully validated post-petition foreclosure sale.
- In re Mendoza, 597 B.R. 686, (Bankr. S.D. FL 2019) – Successfully represented Chapter 7 Trustee in objecting to Debtors’ claims of exemptions under the Federal Exemption Scheme as Debtors could and did have both the actual and legal intent for permanent residence necessary to establish domicile, and therefore, Florida exemptions apply.
- Represented several secured creditors in obtaining a dismissal of a Chapter 22 bankruptcy filing for bad faith.
- Member of The Florida Bar Business Law Section’s Bankruptcy Judicial Liaison Committee
- The Florida Bar YLD Mentoring Program
- The Federal Bar Association’s Mentorship Program
- Co-Chair, Young Leadership Division of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation
- Executive Board Member of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation
- Past Member of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation’s Incubator Grant Committee